Following the successful MPOA barbecue and corn roast hosted by Kip and Mari Van Kempen in 2018, the MPOA has decided to have another gathering this summer. Last year, there were over 100 people there. Not bad for our first social event! It was a great opportunity to meet others from around Mazinaw at this relaxing social event.
We have received an invitation to use the same outdoor area at the Van Kempen cottage for this event on August 10th from 4:00-6:00 pm.
Last year we had a great group of volunteers. We will need volunteers again this year to peel corn, bbq, help clean up. As well, we need enough interested family members to attend. Would you please answer the quick poll below. Many thanks.
Would you kindly respond by July 20th. As well, would you kindly only have one family member per cottage respond....Thank you.
- No alcohol or water sports due to our insurance coverage
- To defray costs MPOA will charge a nominal fee of $2 per burger.
- Milligan Meats in Cloyne will supply freshly made burgers (as well, a vegetarian option will be available).
- Fresh local corn will be available for corn lovers.
- MPOA are supplying condiments
- For the pot luck, we are asking that each family bring one dish, enough to feed 5-6 people (plus a serving spoon).
- Here are other things for you to bring:
- some small bills or loonies/toonies to pay for your burger/hot dog if you want one
- your own folding chair
- last year we went 'green' and it seemed to work out well, so please bring your own cup for your drinks & a fork
- If you have not paid your membership dues for this year, please do this at Smarts Marina, Brown's Campground,
or by PayPal(instructions are on the lakemazinaw.ca website/membership tab).
Many thanks! Hope to see you there!