It is now time to get confirmation of numbers for our corn roast / pot luck afternoon which is being held at 1372 South Mazinaw Heights Road on August 25th from 2:00-6:00. We need to get final attendance numbers so we can give this to Milligan Meats (who are bringing and cooking the meat for us) and to know how much corn to buy. Milligan Meats are the new butcher that recently opened up in Cloyne.
We are asking people to bring their own drink. While we were going to take our chances on what people brought, since we are doing this survey to get the attendance numbers, we might as well also find out what you are bringing. If we get a response that everyone is bringing the same thing (very unlikely, I know), we have a chance to make a few adjustments. ;)
Would you kindly respond by August 18th. As well, would you kindly only have one family member per cottage respond....Thank you.
As a reminder:
- The event will be "Rain or Shine" as we have a large tent to enjoy if it rains.
- No alcohol or water sports due to our insurance coverage
- MPOA are subsidizing hamburgers, hot dogs, some veggie burgers, and providing the corn
- MPOA are supplying corn, condiments and some bottles of water (until they are gone).
- For the pot luck, we are asking that each family bring one dish, enough to feed 5-6 people (plus a serving spoon).
- Here are other things for you to bring:
- some small bills or loonies/toonies to pay for your burger/hot dog if you want one
- your own folding chair
- we are trying to 'go green' so please bring your own cup for your drinks & a fork (we will buy some plastic forks but wouldn't it be nice if we didn't need to use them) ;)
- some loonies and toonies, or bills for the burgers, hot dogs
- If you have not paid your membership dues for this year, please do this at Smarts Marina, Brown's Campground,
or by PayPal(instructions are on the lakemazinaw.ca website/membership tab).
Many thanks! See you there!