News Flashes about our Lake and our Community:
Just a reminder that the Corn Roast / Pot Luck is this Saturday August 10th from 4:00-6:00. We are now expecting about 80-100 people!
Things to remember:
- Venue is at Kip & Mairi Van Kempen’s - 1372 South Mazinaw Heights Road
- It is easy to find as it is the last place on the lake side of South Mazinaw Heights Road (if you hit the Bon Echo Park turn around at the end of the road, you've gone a few feet too far). There is lots of parking on the road if you come by car but please consider car pooling with your neighbours
- if arriving by boat it is the last cottage on the hwy side, south of park -- there is a large yellow water trampoline anchored just off the dock. There is plenty of space to anchor but docking space is limited…consider “boat pooling” if possible please.
- The event will be "Shine only" but we are expecting good weather (fingers crossed)
- No alcohol or water sports for insurance purposes
- Hamburgers, veggie burgers are $2 per so please bring change if you can
- Pot Luck – each family is bringing one dish, plus a serving spoon. Consider labeling your bowl and spoon with a piece of masking tape.
- Drinks – please bring your own cup and drinks.
- ‘Going green’: Bring your own cup, a fork and your plate. Again, label everything so if you put it down and someone else has the same, you can easily know it is yours.
- Consider bringing a cooler with ice to put your drinks in, and use that at the end to bring your dirty dishes home in.
- Don’t forget your folding chair to sit on.
Can’t wait to see you there to meet you, have some great conversations and some wonderful food!