June 9, 2021
From John Campbell, MPOA FOCA Representative:
As many of you are aware, MPOA is a member of the Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Associations (FOCA). This umbrella group represents the interests of all cottage associations, particularly on issues of Province-wide concern.
What you may be less familiar with is the wealth of useful information to be found on their website, https://foca.on.ca/
While general in scope, many of the articles are pertinent to the individual cottage owner. Examples include:
- Welcome to Cottage Country,
- COVID – 19 Updates from FOCA,
- Electricity Pricing,
- Emergency response in remote areas – be prepared,
- Lake Partners Program – Sample Results and Assistance,
- Shoreline Owner’s Guide to Healthy Waterfronts,
- Invasive Species – Overview,
- Responsible Cottage Rental,
- Boating Safety,
- Cottage roads,
- Current Updates.
You are encouraged to check it out. If there are issues of a Province-wide nature that you do not find but think should be addressed, let us know so that we can forward your suggestion on.